ROL/SPN- by Leigh Charles- 03/09/2015
One of the largest student loan servicing and debt collection companies is actually in debt too. If you’re a company that holds student debt, though, not paying what you owe is apparently not a big deal. Navient (formerly a division of Sallie Mae) – the same company that harasses borrowers when they default on their loans – owes the Department of Education $22.3 million. There is no one trying to collect this money, which is now more than five years overdue!

After years of not repaying this debt, Navient spun off from Sallie Mae and agreed to be responsible and indemnify all claims, actions, damages, losses or expenses previously held by Sallie Mae. But to date, the Dept. of Education has not collected on the $22.3 million. The truth is, Navient should actually owe the federal government a lot more than the $22.3 million. In 2009, the interest rates on student loans was 5.6% for subsidized loans and 6.8% for unsubsidized loans, with a 1.5% origination fee. Taking all that into account the Dept. of Education would rake in an extra $9 million, and that is only if Navient made all of their payments on time over 10 years.

Many debtors see their interest rate go above 25% once they’re in default. And up to 40% of the principle can be added in as a fee or penalty for default. This unpaid debt would quickly become very expensive for Navient, the same way it does for so many individual borrowers.

But of course, Navient doesn’t receive the same “unforgiving” default treatment from the Dept. of Education that the 40 million regular student debtors receive who are struggling to pay back their loans, while facing the chronic jobs crisis of the past seven years. This nightmare is today a constant reality for the 7 million students who are in default on their federal student loans.

The Navient situation is yet another example of the Dept. of Education’s complicit role in the student debt crisis. It makes it clear that the department is serving not those who are trying to get a college education but, like the rest of the U.S. government, is serving the – “too-big- to-fail” financial institutions on Wall Street.

Comments

juliet quin
03/23/2015 2:35am

Hello Everybody,

My name is Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $30,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $30,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please

contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Mr.Lim Koh via email: (lim.koh56@yahoo.com)

Joshua Lim
04/22/2015 3:13am

Good day everyone, I am Josephine Alex by name, i am from of new york USA, i have been looking forward for a genuine loan company for the past 2 months and all i got was group of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they duped me of $2000 without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, i got confused and frustrated,i find it very difficult to feed my family, i never wanted to have anything to do with loan companies online again, because i never trusted any loan company again since i was scammed, so i went to borrow some money from a friend, i told him all that happened and he said he can help me, that he knows a loan company that can help me, that he just got a loan from them, he directed me on how to apply for the loan, i did as he told me, i applied, though i never believed but i tried and to my greatest surprise my loan was granted to me within 24 hours, i could not believe, i am happy and rich again and i am thanking God that upon this scams all over the places a genuine company like this still exist, please i advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of paying back at the due time of funds to contact (joshualim_loan@yahoo.com.sg ) and be free from scams on the internet. they will never disappoint you.

Jimmy Wallace
04/26/2015 8:41pm

TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN.

Complement of the day, My name is Jimmy Wallace, I am from Texas USA, I have been searching for a genuine loan for the past 5 months now and all I got was bunch of scams who made me to trust them and at the end of the day, they took my money without giving anything in return, all my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated,then i find it very difficult to feed my family, I never wanted to have anything to do with online loans again, so I went to borrow some money from a friend, I told him all that happened and he said he can help me, that he knows a honest lender that can help me, that he just got a loan from Mrs Julian Smith, he directed me on how to apply, I did as he told me, I applied, I never believed but I tried and to my greatest surprise I got the loan of $87,000 on the 23rd of April 2015 within 48 hours, I could not believe, I am happy and rich again and I'm thanking God, because i don't believe honest lenders like this still exist upon the high rate scams all over the globe, I would recommend this honest lender to everyone! here is the email that i used in contacting her: juliansmith14@hotmail.com

06/26/2015 11:52pm

today i learn some different kinds of information about this loan system. I wan to know more info. about loan and its benefits, so tell me more ....

Malissa Delh
07/17/2015 1:35pm

Hello, I am Malissa Delh, currently living in New jersey city, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2014 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, I was introduced to a Man of God a private loan lender who gave me a loan of $85,000USD and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well at the moment, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral , no credit check, no co signer with just 3% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mr James Lewis. He doesn’t know that am doing this but am so happy now and i decided to let people know more about him and also i want God to bless him more.You can contact him through his email: amacoloancompany@gmail.com

statistics assignment so difficult so student need to hire professional writer for this task..

Catch us for professional work and get online Assignment writer anytime.

01/29/2016 7:58am

I've been searching this kind of topic for a few hours until I found yours and I think it covers all aspects. Thanks.

02/09/2016 5:23am

get finest quality assignment within given deadline from top writers Australia.

for international students we have introduce our service at affordable rates.

we have a writer that will help you in making your arts assignment professionally.

I Like this post, shared more information.

04/02/2016 4:44am

Superb article provide us and also this blog is impresses more individuals to reading that blog site.

04/19/2016 1:00pm

Leave an order: and we will contact you as soon as possible. Our team consists of professional and experienced writers only.

05/12/2016 1:27am

i just amazed to This post give me what I am searching for, for essay writer and editing service you can contact with us anytime.

05/28/2016 1:28am

like this ok deh thank you very much

05/28/2016 2:02am

Thanks for the exciting posting.

07/04/2016 3:45am

I have noticed many new facts for me. Thanks a lot for sharing this useful and attractive information and I will be waiting for other interesting posts from you in the nearest future.keep it up.

Zuma loans
07/25/2016 8:05am

Good Day,
Are you in need of financial assistance? Have you thought of obtaining a loan? Probably you have been turned down by your local banks in quest of getting a loan. Search no further, we are currently offering long and short term loans to the public at large. We can help you with a loan at a very low interest rate.Email us Now zumaloans@mail.com or zumaloans@gmail.com

I read your blog really its informative and unique blog which provide awesome information.!@

07/29/2016 5:06am

Good post. It is really help to us. Its give us lots of interest and pleasure. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. Its really a good article. It gives me lots of pleasure and interest..!!

07/29/2016 6:37am

Nice and effective blog post. The content is too short but effective. I love the information you share here. Its an well written blog post by you. This is awesome blog post.

This post is really astounding one! I was delighted to read this, very much useful. Many thanks..!@

Excellent post share with us and this blog is impresses more people to reading that blog.!@

Thanks for sharing useful information.

Debt consolidation loans are granted by banks and other financial institutions to integrate all debts a person is having. Generally, people go for debt consolidation as they are not able to manage different repayments of their debts.